SITXFSA001 Use Hygiene Practices for Food Safety
- September 4, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Certificate III in Hospitality
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
sitxfsa001 assessment 1 answers
1. There is legislation governing correct food handling processes in Australia and New Zealand through Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ). Who is in charge at the local government level and what powers does this authority have?
2. Working in the TH&E industry requires that staff follow good personal hygiene to prevent contamination in accommodation, food and beverage areas and meet industry expectations for presentation. Provide 5 examples of good personal hygiene practices:
3. You have cut your finger during work. What do you need to do to prevent any potential contamination of food, or other items like linen in accommodation or food service areas? Why?
4. Number the steps for the Hand washing procedure in correct order:
5. List 4 requirements for hand washing facilities to meet the legal requirements:
6. Provide 5 examples of instances which would require that you wash your hands:
7. Food can become contaminated in 3 ways. Connect the correct cause for contamination to the relevant type of contamination:
8. Provide 5 examples of common sources of food contamination relevant to your area of training (for example food and beverage, cookery or accommodation services):
9. Provide 4 examples of common causes of cross-contamination relevant to your area of training
(for example food and beverage, cookery or accommodation services)
10. On your rostered day off at Futura restaurant you suffered from diarrhoea and vomiting. In the morning you feel better and you decide to go work. What are your responsibilities under the Food Act?
11. List 2 examples of ramifications of poor hygiene standards in an establishment:
12. Most food poisoning occurs through improper food safety practices. How could the following factors affect food safety?
13. To ensure that all staff follow correct hygiene procedures, workplaces commonly have policies in place which need to be observed. Provide 1 example of what each policy and procedure for the following aspects should contain:
14. Provide 5 examples of foods which are considered potentially hazardous according to Food Safety Standard 3.2.2:
15. Which of the following occurrences would you need to report to a supervisor? Indicate true or false
16. List 5 hygiene requirements you must follow when handling raw egg or egg products to prevent cross contamination:
17. You are required to separate eggs for food preparation (for example sauce Mayonnaise, chocolate mousseor similar). What tool do you need to use to prevent cross contamination?
18. A customer orders a meal and tells you that they suffer from gluten intolerance. List 5 aspects which must be considered when preparing the customer’s meal to prevent contamination with or through other foods?
19. List 1 example of how each of the following health issues could cause a hygiene risk for food safety:
20. List 8 hygienic work practices which apply for your job role (for example as an apprentice chef, waiter, housekeeper)
21. List the basic aspects of hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) method of controlling food safety.
22. Scroll down to “5 – Content of food safety programs”.
In your own words, explain what a food safety program must address: A food safety program must –
sitxfsa001 assessment 2 answers
During 3 practical service instances on-the-job or in your training facilities relevant to your area of training (food and beverage, housekeeping, commercial cookery), your trainer will observe you performing your typical workplace tasks and determine if you are adhering to hygienic food safe practices.
1. You are required to perform the following tasks outlined below for each of the 3 service instances.
2. The checklist below provides a guideline for aspects which will be included for each observation instance.