SITXMGT001 Monitor Work Operation
- September 13, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Diploma in Hospitality
SITXMGT001 Monitor Work Operation Sample Assignment
1. The process of monitoring work operations is often broken down into 6 stages. Name 3 of these.
· Planning and preparing – goal-setting and deciding how to achieve those goals
· Organizing – allocating and arranging for the planned tasks to be done
· Staffing – organizing enough staff and the correct staff to carry out the tasks
2. Monitoring the expected services provisions of your staff is an important part of frontline supervisor`s job. How often should this be done?
Monitoring work should be a continual process, rather than a periodic review. This fact should be impressed upon all staff during their induction process. It should from an everyday part of your duties as a supervisor.
3. Once workflows have been established, what should you do to determine whether the workflows you have implemented are in line with achieving organizational goals?
Monitoring the process; ask for feedback; evaluating the result.
4. List 3 ways to identify quality problems with your service.
Grooming; Behavior; Productivity.
5. “In house training” is one example of a process or system which you may need to make adjustments to in order to resolve quality issues. List 4 other processed or systems from your industry.
· Improving sustainability of operations
· Improving economic sustainability
· Improving environmental sustainability
· Improving social sustainability
6. How can encouraging a culture of open communication and innovative thinking help you improve efficiency and service levels?
This is like a brain-storm; it can bring out more ideas with how to serve different background customers; create an open, decentralized organizational structure; follow up on ideas from customers and employees; tolerate failure; encourage experimental attitudes; encourage improvements in your business.
7. List 3 ways to identify current and emerging trends in your industry.
· Written materials including reference books, trade magazines, newspapers, relevant newsletters and brochures
· Conferences and seminars
· Product launches
8. Sustainability is usually associated with the environment; however, it can also refer to the operations of a business. Other than environment, what are the 2 other areas of operational sustainability?
· Keep innovation that can keep new parts of customers
· Minimize the waste and cost
9. What is the purpose of having a logical, well defined workflow?
The efficiency of your operations will go a long way to determining the amount of income you can make;
Having a highly sufficient, streamlined operation means that costs are minimized and the amount of time and effort spent on keeping customers happy is maximized;
An inefficient operation will result in escalating costs, confusion and poor customer service.
10. List 3 business benefits of having an efficient and effective workflow?
· Using all the available resources at the appropriate times
· Carrying out the work in a timely, appropriate fashion
· Maintaining consistency in product and service quality
11. “considering the task to delegated” is the first step in the delegation process. List 3 more steps in delegating working or job tasks to staff.
· Explain the task, why, when and why the task should be done in the specifying way;
· Provide training and demonstration, as required
· Continually check if the employee has any questions and encourage them to ask questions;
· Give them positive feedback.
12. Coaching and mentoring staff, can help them priorities their job tasks and workload. Name 3 functions of coaches or mentors.
- Facilitator or Guide
Being a guide or a facilitator, the coach helps the person become aware of the internal issues and happenings within the organization and interpret the “unwritten rules” that may be crucial to the learner.
- Instructor or Teacher
As an instructor or teacher, the coach must educate the person with the right skills and impart the knowledge needed to perform the job efficiently. The coach must also be adept in displaying these skills and knowledge.
- Organizer and Planner
The coach or mentor is largely responsible for preparing the plans and activities needed for coaching.
14. “Giving credit where credit is due” is one of the effective way of providing feedback and guidance to your staff. List 3 other examples.
· Get to know them – such as family situations, an interest of each of your staff members.
· Reward them personally – by knowing what kind of reward is attractive for each of the member staff;
· Give them flexibility — It is very important to judge your staff on their outcomes rather than the time spent at work.
15. You must keep management informed if the workflow you have designed impacts on staff. What are 2 possible impacts implementing a new workflow may have on staffing requirements?
· The changes of schedule
· The task changes of some stuff
16. List 5 aspects of staff behavior or productivity that you should monitor.
· Quality of work
· Quantity of work
· Attention to details
· Customer service
17. What are 4 common signs that there may be some performance problems or issues you might need to deal with?
· Time wasting
· Reduced productivity
· Bad relationship