Sitxhrm003-lead and manage people
- September 13, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Diploma in Hospitality
Get Help for SITXHRM003 – Lead and Manage People
Sean was about to be promoted to a new position as “Product Department Manager” for the wholesale company “Pastries Unlimited”. He often worked back late for no extra pay to complete special projects and put together new ideas. Sean had been with the company for 10 years He is the most skilled and innovative employee in the department. Most of the team depend on him for assistance on the job. The owners of Pastries Unlimited are concerned with decreasing profits and its employee’s negative attitudes towards the company. They have noticed an increase in absenteeism. A lot of the machines are breaking down and there is a lot of conflict between the production team and the sales team. The owners have decided that Sean should be promoted to the role but due to costs they have decided not to replace Sean within the team. Sean will no longer work in the factory but in the office. Sean has no formal qualifications or experience in management. Sean was brought into a meeting with the owners and advised of his new role. Sean was excited with his promotion that he would now have the power to make changes at work to increase productivity.
At home that night, Sean prepared to write memo to his employees advising them of the news and wanting them to share his aspirations for the product department Please answer the following questions in details
1. What do you think Sean should say in his memo?
2. Is a Memo an effective way to communicate with the team? Why or Why not? Give reasons for your answer
3. How would you prepare the team for the changes if you were Sean?
4. Do you believe Sean will be successful in improving the staff’s attitude towards the company?
5. Based on the scenario what sort of problems can you envision will happen with Sean’s promotion?