Certificate IV in Hospitality
The Certificate IV in Hospitality qualification allows students to use and learn a broad range of hospitality skills combined with sound knowledge of the hospitality industry. Learn to work independently and within a team and study areas such as customer service, conflict resolution, leading and managing people, preparing barista coffee and serving food and beverages.
Course Admission Requirements
Important Notice: This course is not available for International Students.
Domestic Australian Students
- For Certificate level courses, students must have completed a minimum of Year 10 schooling or equivalent or to be a mature age student (20 years of age and above).
- Students need to demonstrate they have proficiency in English. If students cannot provide documented proof of their English language proficiency, they will be required to sit for a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test (LLN) before a place can be offered.
- This course is approved by the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) for student payment. Domestic students who meets the requirements of an approved course of education and study may be eligible to receive student payment from the Department.
- Additional requirements below.
- All students must be willing to apply, or already hold, a current National Police Clearance (not older than 3 months at time of enrolment). This is COMPULSORY for students/candidates to undertake workplace training. A National Police Clearance can be acquired from any Post Office for a small fee. Please allow 3 weeks for delivery. Students cannot attend work experience without this.
- All learners are required to wear in accordance with Perth Hospitality Academy Front of House and Cookery Students Dress Code while attending workplace training.
Units of Competency
This course consists of 21 units of competence with 9 core units and 12 elective units as listed below:
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBDIV501||Manage Diversity in the Work Place|
|SITHIND004||Work Effectively in Hospitality Service|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance the Customer Service Experience|
|SITXFIN003||Manage Finances within a Budget|
|SITXHRM001||Coach Others in Job Skills|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and Manage People|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor Work Operations|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and Monitor Work, Health and Safety Practices|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices|
|HLTINFCOV001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|SITHFAB002||Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and Serve Non-Alcoholic Beverages|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee|
|SITHFAB007||Serve Food and Beverage|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a Bar|
|SITEEVT005||Plan in-house Events or Functions|
|SITHIND002||Source and Use Information on Hospitality Industry|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in Safe Work Practices|
|SITXFSA001||Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety|