Certificate III in Hospitality
WA has a large and vibrant hospitality industry, from bars and cafes through to world class restaurants and venues, hotels and resorts. Hospitality offers a range of both entry level jobs and career progression opportunities. If you’re keen to get back into the hospitality service industry or just get started, this skill set is for you.
You will learn responsible service of alcohol (RSA), barista skills using commercial machines, how to communicate effectively and provide quality service to customers including establishing rapport, determining and addressing their needs, and responding and managing complaints. You’ll also learn how to process cash and other payments using business technology and reconcile takings at the end of the service period or day. The skill set also includes infection control and prevention procedures and food safety.
- Barista (Espresso Coffee Machine Operator)
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Function Attendant
- Function Host
- Bar Attendant
- Wait Staff
Course Admission Requirements
Important Notice: This course is not available for International Students.
Domestic Australian Students
- For Certificate level courses, students must have completed a minimum of Year 10 schooling or equivalent or to be a mature age student (20 years of age and above).
- Students need to demonstrate they have proficiency in English. If students cannot provide documented proof of their English language proficiency, they will be required to sit for a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test (LLN) before a place can be offered.
- This course is approved by the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) for student payment. Domestic students who meets the requirements of an approved course of education and study may be eligible to receive student payment from the Department.
- Additional requirements below.
- All students must be willing to apply, or already hold, a current National Police Clearance (not older than 3 months at time of enrolment). This is COMPULSORY for students/candidates to undertake workplace training. A National Police Clearance can be acquired from any Post Office for a small fee. Please allow 3 weeks for delivery. Students cannot attend work experience without this.
- All learners are required to wear in accordance with Perth Hospitality Academy Front of House and Cookery Students Dress Code while attending workplace training.
Units of Competency
The Certificate III in Hospitality course consists of 15 units of competence with 7 core units and 8 elective units as listed below:
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBWOR203||Work Effectively with Others|
|SITHIND002||Source and Use Information on the Hospitality Industry|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in Safe Work Practices|
|SITXCCS006||Provide Service to Customers|
|SITHIND004||Work Effectively in Hospitality Service|
|SITXCOM002||Show Social and Cultural Sensitivity|
|SITXHRM001||Coach Others in Job Skills|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and Serve Non-Alcoholic Beverages|
|SITHFAB007||Serve Food and Beverage|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices|
|SITHFAB002||Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol|
|HLTINFCOV001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a Bar|
|SITXFSA001||Use Hygiene Practices for Food Safety|