SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- September 3, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
Evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit in the context of the job role, and:
1. Demonstrate the use of predetermined health, safety and security procedures and safe work practices in work functions on at least three occasions
2. Demonstrate correct procedures to respond in line with organisational security and emergency procedures during one emergency or potential emergency situation, seeking assistance where appropriate
3. Participate in one of the following work health and safety (WHS) consultation activities:
discussion with, or formal report to, WHS representatives regarding a WHS matter
discussion with supervisor or manager regarding a WHS matter
staff meeting that involves WHS discussion
Complete the following activities individually or in a group (as applicable to the specific activity and the assessment environment)
To provide you with an opportunity to follow organisational health and safety procedures and to incorporate safe work practices into own workplace activities.
Demonstrate compliance with at least ONE procedure that you have identified in the previous question.
This activity will need to be observed, and a signed record of this observation (completed by the assessor or third party) should be uploaded in your answer. It should detail what was done, when it was done, the time it was completed in, the completed actions and the overall outcome of the tasks.
To provide you with an opportunity to show your understanding of the necessity of following safety directions.
1. Why is it important to comply with safety directions in your workplace?
2. What are some steps you can take to ensure that you become compliant with safety directions?
3. To provide you with an opportunity to show awareness of which personal protective equipment, clothing or designated uniform is required for your job role.
4. What is your usual work uniform? Does it include any Personal Protective Equipment? When is this used, if so?
5. To provide you with an opportunity to show understanding of correct reporting procedure for unsafe work practices, issues and breaches of health, safety and security procedures.
6. What is the correct reporting procedure for unsafe work practices, issues and breaches of health, safety and security procedures in your organisation?
7. To provide you with an opportunity to identify and remove hazards from immediate workplace area and report all workplace hazards as they arise.
Complete a risk assessment, visual inspection, checklist or other process for identifying hazards in your workplace. Verbally report your findings to your assessor. Attach any tools that were used to your workbook (e.g. checklist).
To provide you with an opportunity to recognise the signs of emergency and potential emergency situations.
What kind of events may be considered ‘emergency situations’ in the context of your work environment?